Book a FREE initial consultation on
or pop into the store at
65 Station Road, Letchworth Garden City, Herts, SG6 3BJ
Start your trip to Morocco with a few days in Marrakesh and visit one of the most exciting squares in Africa, Djemaa el Fna. There is plenty to do and over a few days including wandering around the square and medina, but also its worth going out of the centre a bit to some of the beautiful palaces and gardens.
What to do?
• Wander around Djemma el Fna - this is the main square where you will find a huge array of stalls, dancers, acrobats, magicians, snake charmers and food stalls, while the adjacent medina is a maze of narrow alleys where you can buy almost anything especially spices, arts and crafts, jewellery, leather, pottery, woodworks, and souvenirs.
• Take a Hamman - There are several hammans (Turkish Baths) around Djemma el Fna, catering for tourists, including scrubs and massages.
• Horse and Carriage rides - there is no shortage of people offering you a horse and carriage ride
• Eat Well - there are some magical restaurants in Marrakech - one of our favourites is the restaurant in La Sultana, with tables places around the pool in the courtyard, and musicians playing in the background. Following on from this, there is a cafe at one end of Djemma el Fna which has a terrace and the best views in Marrakech - you can't miss it, but it's best to go mid / late afternoon when things start to come to life in the square below.
• See the Palaces and Gardens - there are several within walking or horse and carriage distance - one favourite of mine is the Majorelle Gardens.
• Have a day at Ouarzazate where the scenery is dramatic and many films have been made such as Lawrence of Arabia. Most day trips include a visit to a wonderful 11th century Kasbah called Ait Ben Haddou.
• Go Horse riding
• Take part in a Traditional Moroccan Cooking Class at La Maison Arabe
• Enjoy a spectacular Hot Air Balloon ride over Marrakech
• Play Golf - there is actually a fairly decent course at Palmeraie just outside Marrakech, and we can guarantee you tee-off times if you pre-book
• Have a mint tea - beautifully made and served in your hotels or riad.
Your Hotel: Palais Sebban
This is one of our most popular riads because of its excellent location, value and character. There are just 19 individually decorated rooms, and a pool to laze around after a bit of sightseeing. But the best bits are the delightful rooftop terrace where you can take a hearty breakfast and the outdoor dining areas where you can enjoy an evening meal.
A day in the Atlas Mountains - you can visit the Atlas Mountains in just under an hour, a world away from the hustle and bustle of Marrakech. Your journey will take you through the stunning Ourika Valley and through traditional Berber villages. When you arrive, there will be walks available from easy to challenging, plus trips to local villages. Or just simply relax and enjoy the scenery!
If you are looking at Morocco twin centre holidays then it is quite easy to visit the Atlas Mountains as a day trip from Marrakesh. When I was there, we arranged this with the hotel who provided a car and driver for the day.
What to do?
• Visit a local souq , on a much smaller scale than those in Marrakech, but yet people come from far and wide to trade.
• Enjoy walks in the Atlas Mountains - they vary from easy to half day walks to more difficult full day treks.
• Kasbah Angour organises a mule trek which has the distinction of passing by Richard Branson's luxurious Kasbah Tamadot. You will pass through Berber villages, cross a river and witness superb scenery.
• Go horse riding or even camel riding with a picnic!
• Just relax by the pool and take in the amazing scenery.
• Go mountain biking.
Your Hotel: Kasbah Bab Ourika
Set in a stunning position, the Kasbah Bab Ourika is the perfect place to unwind for a few days. Spend your time relaxing by the pool, or going for walks, horse riding or mountain biking, or perhaps a visit to the local Berber villages. The rooms are all individually decorated with great views of the Atlas Mountains and villages below. Dinner can be taken in the restaurant, or in the privacy of your room.
Essaouira is generally regarded as the best of Morocco's beach resorts because it has a certain charm lacking in the others. There are the medieval battlements of the medina, the narrow streets, bustling harbour and lovely golden sandy beach of this unspoiled seaside town.
What to do?
• Relax by the pool, on the beach or enjoy one of the many spa treatments available
• Wander around the craft shops, cafes and boutiques of Essaouira
Your Hotel: Le Medina Essaouira & Spa by Mgallery
This hotel is just a few minutes walk from the old city walls and faces a huge sandy beach. There is an open plan courtyard with a heated swimming pool and sun loungers, while the spa has a well equipped Thalassotherapy centre. There are 2 restaurants within the hotel and another just across the road by the beach. Fresh fish is particularly good here.
Please note that these should be seen as a guideline only - please call us for up to date availability and an exact costing. Prices are 'per person' based on 2 adults sharing one room.
The actual price you pay will vary depending on flight costs, time of year, room upgrades and availability, and of course if you extend or change the package above. The average cost of this trip is around £1250 per person, however this increases to around £1500 per person during peak flight periods such as school holidays.
A twin centre holiday, for example 4 nights in Marrakesh and 4 nights in Essaouira is normally slightly less, averaging around £1100 per person.
The best way to start the ball rolling is to give us a few brief details about your requirements and make an appointment to come in at a later date. That way we can prepare a couple of options for you ready for when you come in.
On Your Travels S2461. We act as the Global Travel Group plc in connection with the sale of travel products. Unless specified as the operator, the Global Travel Group plc is the agent of the ATOL protected tour operators and other principals.
Every holiday you buy from us is 100% financially protected and covered by ATOL. You will receive the new style yellow ATOL certificate with your confirmation. Please note that ATOL does not cover travel where you have not booked any flights through us.